- FinSA ombudsman office recognised by the Federal Department of Finance (FDF) in 2020.
- First ombudsman office of the Swiss financial sector to act in the public interest.
- Unique independence in the Swiss financial sector that guarantees impartiality.
- Specialised in mediation in the financial sector.
- A member of the International Network of Financial Services Ombudsman Schemes (INFO-Network).
- Mediation is possible with parties in Switzerland and abroad, in 4 languages, with mediators in Zurich, Geneva, Ticino and Valais.
- The procedure at FINSOM is free of charge for the client.
- Financial contributions adapted to the risk of causality.
- Optimised risk management – possible to satisfy two legal obligations: Commercial/FinSA Mediation and Workplace Mediation/LL.*
* Workplace Mediation is relevant for affiliated companies subject to Swiss Labor Law (LL) and optional.
Swiss and foreign financial institutions, financial service providers and client advisers can affiliate to FINSOM.
Affiliation to FINSOM can be :
- A condition for FINMA authorisation.
- A condition for registration in a Register of Advisers.
! Contrary to the register of advisers, the affiliation of client advisers is made in the name of the company.
Affiliate companies must comply with FINSOM regulations.
According to articles 75 para. 1 and 80 FinSA as well as the provisions on occupational health protection, affiliated companies finance the mediation body according to the principle of causality.
FINSOM’s affiliation procedure is quick and simple. It is possible to affiliate one or more companies at the same time via an online form.