Swiss or foreign companies that exercise the following activities (financial services) on a professional basis, in Switzerland or for clients in Switzerland, can affiliate to FINSOM:
- Acquisition or disposal of financial instruments.
- Receipt and transmission of orders in relation to financial instruments (definition art. 3 let a FinSA).
- Administration of financial instruments (portfolio management).
- Provision of personal recommendations on transactions with financial instruments (investment advice).
- Granting of loans to finance transactions with financial instruments.
Affiliation to FINSOM can be :
- A condition for FINMA authorisation.
- A condition for registration in a Register of Advisers.
FINSOM affiliation is always in the name of the company covered by the affiliation but:
- A group can affiliate several legal entities.
- A legal entity can include several branches in their affiliation.
Depending on the organisation of the company it is possible to :
- Affiliate several companies at the same time or as a group.
- Affiliate via or with the help of a third party mandated by the company.
- Designate a contact person external to the company for the administration of the affiliation and/or mediation.
Affiliate companies must comply with FINSOM regulations.